By Irene Schellenberg
St. Saviour’s Church had it’s beginning on June 14, 1914, at the home of Walter Anderson, 840 Prince Rupert Ave. At that time, Morse Place was a twelve block development physically separated from its neighbouring communities of East Kildonan and East Elmwood.
It was felt that the new community needed a church building for its Church of England congregation. Soon a new church was built in the community. It opened in 1915, free of debt.
The Home Coming Service of Celebration will be held with The Right Reverend Donald Phillips presiding,The Most Reverend Fred Hiltz preaching and fellowship with refreshments and dainties in the Parish Hall.
On Saturday April 26, 2014, a Luncheon and Fashion Show was enjoyed by a sold out crowd. We enjoyed meeting and greeting friends not seen in a while. The Costume Museum of Canada presented fashions from the 1760’s and up through the ages to the delight of all, ending with draws for door prizes.
Our Parish will worship June 22, at 10:30 am, with an outdoor service and lunch.
On September 20, the parish will start the “Home Coming Weekend” with a breakfast at 8:30 am. The Gala Dinner will be held starting at 5:00 pm at the Canad Inns, 1415 Regent Ave. W with The Most Reverend Fred Hiltz as guest of honour.
On Sunday, September 21 at 10:30 am, “The Home Coming Service of Celebration” will be held with The Right Reverend Donald Phillips presiding,The Most Reverend Fred Hiltz preaching and fellowship with refreshments and dainties in the Parish Hall.
Please come and join us in worship!
For more information, call the church at 204.667.0336 or Irene Schellenberg at 204.222.0128.